Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Keffer Recreation

Recreation
The photo I chose to recreate was made by French photographer Keffer, who specializes in beautiful dark photography. I searched for photography with dark themes and setting and his work intrigued me. This photo is from his Jour de Nuit Portraits collection or Night Day portraits. They are described as "an instant snapshot of life without the sun" and the piece was to show the personality of the individual only through "attitude and physical details... nothing more."  Although the entire background is dark, the figures in the photos were strangely and articulately lit with the smallest details still sharp. Although I chose to keep my picture slightly blurred to mimic the flow of the smoke, I tried to portray the darkness of his photos.
Keffer original of woman smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment