Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Brainstorming!

A. Series: Brainstorm various ways to make a “series” of photographic images.
I'd like to think that series would include either the same theme, same way of editing, or same subject. This saddens me sometimes because I like to take photos of a lot of different things but I am not always sure how to tie them together.



B. Final Project: Your final project in this class will be designed by you. If you could tackle any photography project, what would it be? You could combine other media with photography (video, sculpture, drawing) or you could take one of your earlier assignments and expand it to create a larger project. If you are expanding an earlier project or creating an entirely new series of images, shoot for a series of at least 5 images. Describe an idea you have for your final project. 

This is frightening to think about right now. I honestly don't have a very specific answer. I don't want to try to tackle an obviously easy subject, but like stated above I'm so indecisive. If I was to do an earlier series, I'd probably expand on either light or illusion... or both. I liked the dream/memory project as well. Although I'm not good at producing it, Surrealism is my favorite form of art, and I am also in love with the photographer I researched Elina Brotherus and how she made photos look like paintings. Lastly, I'm also in love with Keffer, the French photographer I recreated. I'd really have to think about what to do. I like photographing landscapes, light, mirrors, water, and food, and I like dark themes with an extremely strong contrast. Maybe I can make a series of the beauty of nature with a romantic gothic style like Tim Burton.

No comments:

Post a Comment