Monday, December 6, 2010

Motivations: Final Project

Write a detailed description of your “motivations” for your final self-proposed project. Why are you interested in this subject? What do you want to convey? How do you want viewers to respond? Why are you inspired to make these images/this project? Do you want to evoke emotions in viewers? Shock viewers? Make them laugh? Make them think? Inform them? Reveal something about how you see the world? Reveal something about yourself, a person, a place, a feeling, a memory, a moment in time? 

I'm still not sure of what I really am going to do for my final project, but I've narrows my ideas to creating a 'Day in the Life' scrapbook, a cookbook, or a nature book.

1. I'm interested in these subjects because I believe they will give me opportunity to be creative with what I photograph. A day in the life would give me a lot of choices. A cookbook would be something I would enjoying doing, even creating recipes, and I love taking pictures of nature.


2. I want to convey the work of a serious photographer. I think my final project should be something I'm proud to submit as a part of an application.


3. I want my viewers to respond with awe and delight. I want to play around with angles, subjects, lighting, and even manipulation.


4. I'm inspired because I believe this is a chance for me to prove my work in the world of photography. Making images of daily things I do will give emotion to my photos. Food will give passion, and nature will give beauty. I want to combine these three elements and put them into whatever I decide to do. This is what I want to reveal in my photography, my style and my interests. I want to evoke a range of emotions in viewers that plays upon their sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment