Sunday, October 31, 2010

Finals

Composition: I wanted the emphasis to be on the seedling. I placed it in the middle and made sure it's smoothness was in contrast with the rough ground.
Concept: I liked the idea of something so small being the most important part.
Method: I upped the contrast in the photo to bring out the lights and darks. I like the texture emphasis and I also want the curl of the seed to stand out. It was on the ground the way it fell.
Motivation: My goal was to photograph and edit something tiny so that it appeared large in the photo.
Context: This photo relates to abstract place photographers. I think it would be in line with environmental issues. I never touched the seed to photography it, and I liked the idea of shooting something in its natural state.
Interpretation: Others weren't sure what it was, but was surprised that it was a seedling.
Evaluation: Classmates thought I should try to position the seed in another position besides the center to see what happens.
Extension: I could make a series of different small things I find on the ground.
Composition: The ducks never separated and I wanted to reflect that one duck was being pursued. I also wanted to give emphasis to movement through water ripples.
Concept: My concept was to show the grace and beauty of birds in water.
Method: I stood on the edge of the river and caught the birds when the water was at a soft ripple. I also created more highlights in the water.
Motivation: My main goal was to capture a natural creature in its habitat.
Context: This relates more to wildlife photographers. It's another environmental issue of capturing something without disturbing it.
Interpretation: Others thought this was portraying a duck romance.
Evaluation: Some suggestions were to burn and dodge to make the duck in the upper left stand out more.
Extension: I could make a series of wildlife photos.
Composition: I took this photo in the planetarium. I am fascinated by outer space, and I wanted a picture to reflect that.
Concept:I felt I needed to make this picture look real. I wanted it to convey the rough loneliness of the moon.
Method: I took the shot in front of the dark background in a way that would portray the usual photos of the moon. When I edited it, I cropped the top, added more shadows, and upped the contrast so the texture of the moon would stand out.
Motivation: My goal was to turn a replica into a real-life.
Context: I think this photo could go with photographers that sometimes give the illusion that they took a picture of an actual thing, when in reality it's a fake. This relates to social issues on what to believe in photographs.
Interpretation: Others thought this was a real shot of the moon or a picture of a picture.
Evaluation: There weren't many suggestions, I think it was successful in being an illusion.
Extension: I could definitely create a series of illusions.
Composition: I made the composition with the stairs being the most central and important thing.
Concept: I wanted give a dark side to going down the stairs.
Method: I took took the photo using natural light and used shadows to my advantage. I created a contrast where the top was the darkest and the bottom path, the lightest.
Motivation: My goal was to make it so that you would get a weird sensation like you were about to actually go down these stairs.
Context: This can relate to place photographers that capture plain scenes and make them one of beauty. This is a psychological issue as the what defines beauty.
Interpretation: Many liked the contrast of the photo and thought it relates to everyday life of coming and going.
Evaluation:No suggestions, but I think I could make a smoother transition in the tone of the path.
Extension: I can make this a series to turn ordinary things in a house into something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment