Monday, October 11, 2010

Memory of a Photograph

A photograph I remember the most is the very first one I remember of my being a baby. I didn't get the 'just born' pictures that every baby gets and that my sisters got, (and because of this they tease me and say I was adopted) but I pretend like it is my 'just born' pic. I was a cute chubby baby and I had the cutest smile even though I do say so myself. Then I stopped drinking milk. I most definitely changed from sweet and innocent. Hopefully one day a reenactment of this photo would be my own child smiling and supporting herself on her arms for the first time. If I myself was to reenact this, I would definitely not look too cute. There are things babies can do that adults cannot (I was topless). But I guess it would mean my dad was still alive. How has the place changed? I don't remember the actual place I was in, but my entire life of viewing and loving this photograph I was so positive that I was rolling around on my parents bed while they snapped a picture of me. A week ago I looked at the picture with my little sister and she pointed out crib bars. Funny how a change so small can completely change your perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment